How to make... a little bib (my first tutorial)February 21, 2011
Hi there! This is my first sewing 'tutorial'. Thought I would go for something simple and cute... a baby bib. I hope you like it and find it useful. I would love to hear from anyone who uses it.
- 30 x 20 cm piece of backing fabric - towelling, polar fleece, flannelette or soft cotton
- Assorted scraps for front (soft cotton)
- Velcro tabs for fastening - 3 x 3 cm piece each of hook and loop
- Bias binding - approx 1.3 metres (best to use 16-20 mm wide to enable 8-10 mm of bias edging)
1. Simply trace around an existing bib and cut around outline.
4. Pin bib front and back together – wrong sides touching. Place pins away from bib outline so will not get caught in bias binding seam.
8. Pin velcro to bib ends - hook on underside of bib and loop on right side.
9. Stitch velcro in place - ensuring is sewn securely and with back stitch.
And that's it! One super cute baby bib - modelled here by Juliette, who is just learning to stand up!